Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thrice as Nice

For the first 3 1/2 years I did not handle having triplets very well. I was just so overwhelmed. I never had a minute of sadness as they passed through the different stages--all I could think was "Oh good, we survived that one." It was such a relief to me when things started getting a little easier and I felt like I could enjoy the experience.

Last year (7 years old) was triplet bliss. They were so sweet and played together so well most of the time. It was just a delight. This year has been a little harder. As they get older, Jared is less interested in doing what the girls are doing, and the girls are not as patient with each other as they have been in the past. Which makes the moments where they really get along even sweeter.




The weather was really nice last week and they played outside a lot because Russ was working in the yard. Aren't they cute?

I love to see them playing together like that--it makes me so happy. I probably need to take lots of pictures of these times to help me get through the teenage years. I'm already scared to think of having two 14 year old girls at the same time!!!
I often look at them and think how glad I am that all of my prayers aren't answered. Three babies at the same time is certainly not what I was praying for then, but I give thanks for them every day now...

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you there, about not having our prayers answered. I wouldn't have the two I have without a little creative planning by Heavenly Father.

    Your kids are so cute. I didn't get to see the girls in their dresses full on. Hopefully next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to get some pictures in the dresses--they were very cute!

    ReplyDelete