Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Taking Gingerbread to New Heights

Cindy Lynn just sent me a couple of links to show how awesome our gingerbread houses aren't.

Here is the link to the gingerbread creation her sister in law made for her family gingerbread party (they even use real gingerbread!) and here is the link for her brother's project.

All I can say is, we have been put to shame. And that Russ said no matter how much we enjoy the gingerbread house making tradition, he is never going to spend more than one day doing it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. That is too extreme. You'd be afraid to nibble on those--especially the electrical one. Although that gives me an idea for next year. I need a proximity sensor that says "Back off" when anyone comes near my house and maybe a biometric scan to get close. I'll have to get Alex on that. Maybe he'll finish it in 10 years. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Jen, when we were kids my mom always made a gingerbread house and let us watch. She would put a big blob of frosting in the back corner of the house and tell us that there was a witch in the house. It really did keep the young ones away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that's CRAZY! I guess it keeps you busy...like for days!! Hmm..I think I'd rather watch football...haha. I think the shortcut way you've been doing it is great...makes you feel like you can actually build one of the crazy things..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly it, Mindy--it has to be manageable. I guess I need to remember that both CL's sil and the sil's brother are young with only 1 child and I assume both in apartments. Ahhh....life with fewer responsibilities!

    ReplyDelete