Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Much Fun

All day yesterday we listened to reports of the "huge" winter storm that was headed our way. Up to 4" of snow predicted! But then as we watched the news last night they kept changing the forecast--predicting less and less and less snow. We were relieved to wake up to any snow at all. I think we probably got 1-1.5 inches, although about 30 miles SE of here they got 4", and further east they got 6-7". Darn it. We wanted more. But we still enjoyed what we got.

One of my good friends recommend that I read a book titled "Yes, Your Teen is Crazy!" What better evidence of that can I provide than this picture of Josh making a snow angel in his pjs?!?

Last year when it snowed we got up and out early to go sledding on the hill by the pool. Today Russ was working (from home) and I was being lazy, and then we watched the inauguration, and then we ate lunch, and then we finally went sledding. The snow was, well, well-used by the time we got there. But that did not stop us from having a great time. And we will say a prayer for the grass at the top of the hill--that it recovers by this summer.

Josh brought his small bike ramp and put a bunch of snow on it hoping they could add to the excitement of the existing hill. Here you can see Jason going off the ramp

and Josh catching a little bit of air.

And here is something you probably did not know about me. I am a screamer. Truly. I scream on roller coasters, I scream when jumping big waves, and I scream when I'm on a sled and going fast.
I cannot stop myself.
Here are some pics of the little kids having fun too.
The only thing missing was Cindy Lynn...and a little more snow!

13 comments:

  1. Too funny! I did not know it was possible to sled on that amount of snow! I am a screamer too. One of these days I will post some pictures of our sledding at Sun Valley. My screaming started nearly the moment I sat on the sled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm sure your pictures are nicer because you're actually sledding on snow and not grassy slush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... I LAUGHED SO HARD at the picture of Rachel on your lap, screaming!!!!!

    I have not yet gone sledding this year. Last time we had enough snow, my back was out so I couldn't. But we should be getting some more this week so we are planning to borrow some sleds and head over there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, us, too . . . there's no disappointment like snow disappointment, is there? Sigh. We haven't had a good snow here in years. We've about decided to invest in a cabin (read: rundown shack) higher up in the mountains so we can pack up and go there when there's a threat of snow . . . our kids have never had a "real" snow to play in. Granted, they're only 4. But still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love playing in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel is definitely my screaming daughter!

    InkMom--we had a little bit of snow last year after 3 years with NO snow at all. It snowed late Saturday evening, and we had afternoon church the next day. So Russ & I bundled the kids up first thing Sunday morning and took them sledding! And they were all like "but it's Sunday--we can't go sledding!" And we said "Well then Heavenly Father shouldn't have sent the snow Saturday night!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great that you have such a good hill close by! We just used our ditch. :) Not really 'scream-worthy' for a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a good hill, looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. up hear in Western New York we have snow but it is SOOOOO cold!!! We are afraid to go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. up hear in Western New York we have snow but it is SOOOOO cold!!! We are afraid to go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those pictures are fabulous. Action shots, kids catching air time, screams in mid scream, just fabulous. You'll have to let me know who it is so I can hire them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry Russ, I have an exclusive arrangement going with my photog. He's all mine...and I don't share! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Gags at my parents* (yes, my dad took the pictures :P)

    ReplyDelete