Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Strategeries

New Year's resolutions seem to have less value when you realize that:
  • you make the same ones every year
  • you forget the same ones every year
  • life goes on as before every year
And so this year I am not making New Year's resolutions. What I am trying to do is come up with some strategeries that I can place in my life that will actually make a difference in the way I live. Because I do want to remember to read my scriptures better, to spend more quality time with my husband and my kids, eat better, and to be ready to hike 3 miles in Hawaii in two months.

But this year I want to actually do these things, rather than just have thought about them.

4 comments:

  1. That's why I make very specific new year's resolutions - ones that I know I will remember because they are already a big part of my life. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I'm not making resolutions this year either. But being better is always a goal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear about some of your strategies once you decide upon them. Other people's goals motivate me somehow {usually}. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that- I'm going to do it too!

    ReplyDelete