Saturday, October 31, 2009

Memorable Movies: Racing Stripes

Boy did we have a movie night last night. I'm not sure that I've ever watched 3 movies in one night before, but we did last night! Perhaps not our smartest move since Russ & I were up until 1AM, but we enjoyed it. (We were waiting for the boys to get home from the Halloween dance, so we just kept watching.)

First on our movie agenda was a movie for the kids called Racing Stripes. After watching this movie I can now see why Netflix has labeled our movie watching preferences:
Sentimental Underdog Movies for Family and Children.
Yep, that's us. We are sentimental and we like underdogs. And Racing Stripes fit that description to a T. When I'd seen previews long ago for this movie I was a little uncertain about how I would like a movie with talking animals. It didn't look as cheesy as I'd feared, and some of the animals were quite entertaining.

Racing Stripes is the story of a father & daughter who raise a zebra who 1)doesn't know he's not a horse, and 2)wants to race. The father is overprotective because his wife died in a racing accident, and the other horses are angry that a zebra wants to race with them. It was easy to watch and ended happily ever after, which is of course our favorite ending. I think the little kids loved seeing all of the animals talk. I loved watching the horses racing. Although I must say that a running zebra just doesn't have the same beauty--those long legs do make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment