Monday, October 19, 2009

FHE Ideas

I know you probably already have FHE totally planned for tonight. Or maybe you're planning on going to the North Carolina State Fair like we are. But just in case you haven't got a plan yet, here's a suggestion.

In September President Monson gave a devotional at BYU. He spoke about each of the prophets that he has known, and told about their favorite food, favorite songs, favorite saying, and thing that were happening during their presidency. It was lovely and fascinating and our whole family enjoyed watching it for FHE a few weeks ago. A big thanks to Jenny for telling about it on her blog!

Here's the link if you want to watch it: President Monson's Devotional.

And I just wanted to make sure that everyone had seen the link that Stephanie posted in my comments a few weeks ago when I was talking about the Jaredite barges. This is the most fascinating short video of what the barges might have been like, and let me tell you--things make a lot more sense now that I've seen this! Jaredite Barge Video

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh....I thought I understood it before, but this makes much more sense! It must be fun to have an engineering brain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Pres. Monson link! I read about his talk in the church newsroom, but I was really hoping to actually hear him give it. Hooray! What a fun devotional!

    ReplyDelete