Monday, October 5, 2009

√ Listened to Elder Holland's Talk

After admitting yesterday that I had slept through the first hour of the afternoon session of conference several people told me that I had to watch Elder Holland's talk just as soon as possible. My awesome sister Laila called me both last night and this morning to see if I'd watched it yet. I finally was able to watch it after FHE tonight, and all I can say is WOW. I'm not sure I've ever heard such an impassioned testimony of the authenticity and divinity of the Book of Mormon. I always love Elder Holland's talks—he puts words together in beautiful and elegant ways that touch my soul. But this talk went beyond that. It was amazing, and I will have to both watch and listen again.

(I also think it's probably the most energetic conference talk I've ever heard. Really, I'm very curious to know the story beyond this talk...)

4 comments:

  1. see and I thought he looked mad or angry for part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean--certainly possible. Usually they are relatively calm while speaking--even Elder Haight who almost fell (wasn't that the right one?) just spoke faster & faster, but not overly emotional. Like I said, I want to know what prompted this talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously! Clark and I were both rather shocked! Very powerful though. He is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy--he's definitely in my top 2, maybe my very favorite. I think his words are so beautifully elegant and profound, and his delivery is always just right. (Though usually less impassioned!)

    ReplyDelete