Friday, October 9, 2009

Book Review: Catching Fire


Just a minute while I speak like I'm from Utah...

Oh. My. Heck.

Ok, got that out of my system.

WOW!!!

What a book! For anyone who hasn't read the first book in this series, The Hunger Games, run right out and read it. But check out Catching Fire at the same time, because you won't want to stop!

I was excited when I saw that Catching Fire had come in at the library earlier this week. I wanted something good to read on the beach and thought this would fit the bill.

I had no idea how good it was going to be. I literally could not stop reading. I told Cindy Lynn that I would hate to take a peek in Suzanne Collins' mind, because anyone who can think of all of this stuff and pack it into a book is very scary!

This summer I read a book that someone had recommended for me. I really had a hard time getting into it. In the end I couldn't decide if the problem was that the story line was a little weak, or if the writing just wasn't that good. Well I have NO earthly idea if the writing in Catching Fire is any good at all. Because I was reading the compelling story line far too fast to be able to tell!

Go read it. As soon as you can. You won't regret it. Amy will probably let you borrow her copy!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, since Cindy already read it, mine is waiting to be read. My neighbor has Hunger Games right now and will want Catching Fire soon, so if you want it, reserve it now!

    And, Cindy, that is exactly how I felt about this book. I'm so bummed it will be a long time before the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahon read the Hunger Games while I was in the hospital in July. Apparently he stayed up till 3am finishing it!!! When he was reading Catching Fire we climbed into bed one night and he said, "Darn, if you weren't here I would stay up reading again!" It's awfully hard to put down..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...so what was the book that was so boring? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, I can breath again. I too had to read this book until it was done.

    ReplyDelete