Saturday, October 10, 2009

Eeewww---Gross!!

Last month I noticed that our front walk looked like it needed some serious cleaning. One of the few things that I dislike about North Carolina (#1 dislike is the spiders, of course) is that the high humidity leads to regular issues with mold & mildew. It sounded like there was a lot of rain this summer while we were in Utah, and the weather since we've been back (humid and/or overcast) has done nothing to improve the situation.

Several weeks after I first noticed the condition of the walk I went out to the mailbox without shoes on. Big mistake. Gross mistake. The walk was even worse than I'd thought. In places it actually felt slimy. YUCK!!!

I told Josh that I'd pay him $5 if he'd pressure wash the front walk, but he 1) wasn't impressed by my offer and 2) couldn't get the pressure washer to work. We've been waiting for Russ to have time to fix it.

This morning the pressure washer is finally fixed and ready to go. I told Josh that I was ready to pay him $10 now.

I just looked outside and this is what I saw.

That is disgusting! I can't believe my bare feet ever touched that sidewalk!

I'm going to pay him $20, because it's really going to take him a while. But it will be so worth it...

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, you should scrape of a little of that and add it to dinner! YU-MMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done it for $20!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love before & after pics. I'm glad you documented it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty nasty! Reminds me of the bottom on a non chlorinated pool.
    Almost as bad as going to clean a toilet in a non-inhabited house and finding a mouse floating in there who apparently tried to drink the toilet cleaning pre treatment. Talk about an unexpected surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not know you could clean your sidewalk! Mustang occasionally will pee on ours and I notice that where he pees it's whiter looking. I'm glad to know that there are other methods though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sick. I REALLY wish you hadn't have posted that picture because now I'm wondering if I have an unfortunate misconception about the true color of our concrete...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie--does the grass grow better where he pees too? I think I've seen that before. I had no idea dogs were so multi-purpose!

    Lindsay--either pressure wash, or keep your shoes on! (You could probably actually use deck wash to clean your walk too...)

    ReplyDelete