Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Fall Hike

Each fall for the last several years we've gone with friends and taken a hike in one of the nearby state parks to look at the leaves. Yesterday afternoon we met at the Cole Mill access, walked down to the river, and turned left. (Last year we turned right.) This way we got to hike under the Guess Road bridge, which I really enjoyed.

Since Russ & the big boys were at the UNC football game working the scout's concession booth, it was just me and the little kids.

We were joined by the Rogersons and the Emerys.

We decided that we should have gone last week--the leaves were definitely past their peak. Fortunately there were still great photo opportunities.


The Emery boys introduced a whole new level of river play into our day.

And pretty soon everyone was in.

Neither season nor clothing was an obstacle.


In the end, all of the kids except for Elise were soaking wet.

Fortunately for my kids and my van there were an abundance of jackets in the van. Good thing--because I made them strip to their underwear before they got in!

Such a nice day...sigh...


8 comments:

  1. Hey - wasn't it you who told me not to put my arm around 2 people in a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. But I was in the back row, so it wasn't quite as bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...why is it that you don't put your arm around two people in a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hike looks like it was loads of fun! And Cindy, you are a super-poster! I can hardly keep up with all your new posts, but they sure are fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! Love your last picture...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, sometimes I just look at your pictures when I don't have time to read, and that makes me very happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy--I can hardly keep up with me either, so don't feel bad! But I am having fun & doing more journaling about my life & what I'm thinking about than has happened in years!

    Mindy--just goes to prove that you can still get a great picture even if a lot of the leaves are gone. And it my case it proves you have to take a lot of pictures to get the good ones. A lesson I learn over & over.

    Laila--come on over & look at more pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete