Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lrning at the Seweeng Musheen

How was a mother to resist that plea? (Don't get me wrong--I do resist plenty of pleas!) All day I searched my brain frantically to figure out where the "lnr to sew" book was. I saw it recently, but can't remember where. When I found myself getting ready to quickly make some pillowcases in the afternoon (long story) I realized--this is the perfect opportunity to lrn! All straight sewing! And so I called Jenna upstairs. I put the pedal on a stool and let her sit on my lap and sew.

Now Rachel is excited to be able to lrn to sew on the other pillowcase today.

I'll be so sad when they're too big to sit on my lap anymore...

6 comments:

  1. That is very sweet. What a great memory for both of you to cherish. So what's the next project after pillowcases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a fun mom! They'll remember this forever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You let her use your Bernina?!?!? Wow! I didn't think you would share. But then she was on your lap, how much damage could she do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, I let her use my Bernina. First, it's the only seween musheen I own. ;) But second because I think learning on a piece of machinery that works well makes for a better learning experience. I could sew much longer when I got my first Bernina--just because I didn't have to spend time being frustrated with the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know now that you point that out I hated sewing on the old Singer! I just gave the one I got as a wedding present away to the RS. Maybe it was a jinx on my marriage....the old Singer is why I am divorced???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well by all means, then--give it away before it jinxes anything else in your life!

    ReplyDelete