Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lunch with Dad

Yesterday was our annual fall hike. When I realized that Russ and the boys would be working their scout troop's concession stand at the UNC game all day yesterday, I was sad that Russ would miss out on the hike. I had hoped that he would be able to work from home one day this week and we would take a walk then to appreciate the fall colors, but no joy. Instead the little kids and I went and met him for lunch on Thursday at Lake Crabtree.

It was a splendid day.


The water was beautiful


(as long as you didn't go for a swim).

The kids enjoyed having a little extra time with Russ--he's worked a lot this week.

I did too.

The leaves were very beautiful.



The spiders in the gazebo somewhat less beautiful. We decided not to sit in there.

The kids had a great time running up and down the stairs of some tall structure with lots of windows.

Then we sadly sent Russ back to work.

But we stayed a while longer and the kids played on the playground while I took pictures. Of course. (and who wouldn't, with such cute kids!)


4 comments:

  1. YAY I've been waiting for these pictures! It looks like fun. You'll have to tell me where, exactly it is and how long it takes to get there.

    And I love your pictures... keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... it makes me so homesick!!!

    By the way, the sign made me laugh out loud. Seriously, what kind of hazard would catch and release fishing pose???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics of the 3 kids w/ Russ! Such a picture that should be framed on his desk at work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's better--for some reason when I published the post yesterday it lost the last 5 pictures and I didn't check it. So I just put them back in--can't have the other kids under represented!

    Amy--it's just past the airport, so from my house about 45 minutes. From your house 10-15 minutes less, I'd say. All you do is get off on Aviation Parkway, go south (right) and go left at the first light. I think we're going to have to go back in the summer somtime--looks like there are lots of fun things there. Just don't eat the fish!

    Cindy Lynn--the sign made me laugh out loud too--I actually took a close up of the catch & release part! It reminded me of the picture in the bathroom stalls at the volcano in Maui that said not to drink the water! ;)

    Megan--great idea. He's probably in need of a more recent picture. We had magnificent family pictures taken before CL left for college and they were so good I haven't updated them since!

    ReplyDelete