Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Help for the Tooth Fairy

Rachel lost a tooth in a traumatic manner tonight. I was up in my room fantasizing about sleeping for 15 minutes before the missionaries arrived for dinner; instead I was yanked back to reality by hysterical screaming downstairs and Jason pounding up the stairs and into my room to announce that Jared had knocked out one of Rachel's permanent teeth. I was not excited.

Fortunately when I got downstairs and checked out her mouth I quickly saw that her four bottom permanent teeth were still intact--but that Jared and his rope, which she had been holding between her teeth, had indeed pulled out her bottom canine tooth.

During dinner she told Russ and the missionaries the scary story and showed them the tooth in it's plastic baggie. Russ, brilliant man that he is, suggested that she give the tooth fairy a little more help this time by leaving a note strategically positioned on the stairs to direct the tooth fairy in the right direction. (Or perhaps to remind her on her way to bed...) So now I am off to raid my wallet for tooth fairy change. How nice that I won't be scrambling to repair the problem in the morning!


I was only going to include that picture, but I'm sure you want to see a closeup of Rachel's interpretation of the Tooth Fairy.

5 comments:

  1. word verification word-
    smisk (n): minor mishap which results in good fortune, such as having one's tooth pulled out by a rope, but getting some much needed money for it.

    Glad it wasn't a permanent tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cute that her tooth fairy wears glasses! And that green duct tape... too much. I'm laughing my rear off! Of course, the tooth fairy will need such help, or maybe more elaborate help from now on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy--in our house, the tooth fairy definitely needs help. Cause this is how bad it is. I finished blogging about it, posted the other picture, walked up the stairs, saw the green duct tape adorned sign, and thought--I ALREADY FORGOT!!

    The tooth fairy's mind isn't what it used to be.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am too embarrassed to admit how many times I have gone to the pillow in question the next morning to "find" the money the tooth fairy "left the night before" that the child couldn't find when they looked!

    ReplyDelete