Friday, November 7, 2008

I ♥ Landscapers

I know, you're thinking--she loves landscapers? What's up with that? Well, I'll tell you what's up with that.

As I have previously mentioned, autumn last year was spectacularly beautiful. And, surprise of all surprises, I was in the mood to take some pictures. I carried my camera around with me for a couple of days and took pictures wherever I saw something terrific. After a couple of days of this I had a realization--I was taking a lot of pictures in parking lots. And not just because it's really hard and not at all a good idea to take pictures while driving. But because the parking lots were all decorated with the best trees. Truly. There were nice trees in other places, but the really great colors were in parking lots. So here's a great big thank you to all of the landscapers of the world, who figure out what trees to plant to add such beauty to our days.

My personal favorites are:
the maples
the ever popular bradford pear trees
(white like a snowstorm in the spring, can't make up their minds in the fall)
and my new favorite--the crepe myrtle
in the summer -- green fire crackers with an explosion of color at the end;
in the fall--the entire inside of the tree is exploding with colors and spreading to the outside. (this is not the greatest picture--I'll try to find a better one.)

Thanks for enjoying this tour of parking lot foliage with me. And hug a landscaper today!

2 comments:

  1. I love your shadow in the crepe myrtle picture. :) I've never thought about it before, but the trees I love to see are all in landscaped areas, too. Thanks for the tree recommendations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well those pictures are indeed lovely. And I'm very impressed that you know the species of those trees.

    ReplyDelete