Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This is one cute kid!


You know, sometimes I'm just delighted by my kids. I love the moments where their individual personalities stand out. For many years the triplets have been a group, even as we saw individual personalities and characteristics and abilities developing. As they get older there is less "group" and much more "individual," and I am enjoying seeing these flashes of who they are.

Here are two cute recent Jared moments.

Russ just asked the little kids if he could take a break from reading Little House books (the Long Hard Winter was a long hard read) and read about Narnia instead. Jared said "I'd love to read the Critticles of Narnia!"

Jared loves to give presents. All on his own he got the idea of giving Cindy Lynn a pancake griddle for a wedding present. I explained to him that he would have to earn almost $20 to do this, and he worked valiently to earn the money. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.

Last night when we were getting out of the car Jared looked at me seriously and said, "I am going to get Nin (Cindy Lynn) ________ for Christmas. But I need you to help me figure out what to get Mahon. Cause at first I was going to get him a chainsaw...but then I noticed that they live in an apartment..."

One more cute thing happened tonight. We were reading in the family room and I noticed that there was a piece of poster board thumbtacked to the wall. I asked, not too happily, who had put it up there. Jared said, quite happily, that it was him. For a while I was a little irritated. I mean--he put holes in the family room wall! But then I started thinking that the walls need to be painted anyway--it's not like they're in perfect shape. And he was so happy about having made this great picture, and having put it up there where we could all enjoy it!

2 comments: