Thursday, October 23, 2008

Something I Did Not Want to Know

One of the girls just accidentally rolled a marble under the stove. It was of course a crisis for the owner of the marble. They quickly pulled the drawer under the stove all of the way out to see if they could retrieve the precious marble.

Just so you know how treasured the marble in question is--it has been carried around for 2 days in an old glasses case resting on a bed of shredded paper napkin. This is a beloved marble. But back to my story.

They pulled the drawer out and this is what I saw:

Now I am completely aware that I am not a perfect housekeeper. It gives me some solace that other women feel less bad about their homes when they see mine. But this? I did not want to know this was what the underneath of my stove looked like. This was nasty.

We immediately grabbed brooms and the dustpan and started cleaning. Fortunately it was all dry and dusty, so it came up quickly. But, to quote Jenna (my cleaning assistant) "I hope I never see that again!"

6 comments:

  1. Man... I don't even want to go pull mine out!!! That is pretty gross.

    And I'm dying to know. What's with the marble????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you posted those pictures! :D Sad to say, I'm sure mine would be just as bad if not worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a very similar experience last week with what's been under my fridge. Trust me, you don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I sweep, I just try really hard not to stick the broom too far underneath the stove or the fridge. Nasty things happen when I do......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy! We really just rescued a hot wheels car from under mine just yesturday! And for just putting the floor down withing the last 6 months I was astonished at how yucky it already was! Yours is looking really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very brave to share those pictures. Any one who is honest has seen the same thing when they have moved an appliance at their house too.

    ReplyDelete