Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Spring Sewing Projects

What was I thinking??

I decided to make a little photo collection of pictures of the sewing I did last spring--so that I could look at them and feel some satisfaction in those moments that I wonder if my life will ever get back to normal.

I was a little stunned by my list. Make that a lot stunned!

Two Easter Dresses--

One lovely (and modest) prom dress--(on the right.)

One maid of honor dress and two bridesmaids dresses--



Someone really wanted a new summer dress--

Two flower girl dresses--

A semi-formal dress for Cindy Lynn--just for fun.

Something quick and fun for Laura Kate--

Cute fish playdresses--just right for my beach girls.














Quick dresses for the girlie girls!

Yellow ties too numerous to count...fathers, brothers, and the bubble blower boys.


Fun play outfits for Rachel and Jenna-- complete with hats and dresses for the American girl dolls.



A flower-girl dress for Laura Kate--

A flower-girl dress for Abigail--

Something for the mother of the bride to wear--

And finally, last but not least, two baptism dresses!


Whew! I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted just thinking about that much sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You REALLY have a lot to feel satisfied about -- all that sewing in the midst of planning a long-distance wedding!! They all look great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... gotta say. I don't know if the green and pink dresses really count as "sewing," considering that hte fabric came like that on the bolt!!!

    I do like my yellow dresses though. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy Lynn--I think with 20 other dresses and 7 ties, I deserve at least one quick and easy project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, yeah, yeah. You did still want Lilly's measuments right! Just joking. That list IS astonishing! I LOVE how your mother of the bride outfit turned out. Really, it is beautiful and very flattering. I am still amazed by all the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "quick and easy" dresses alone would have taken me all summer....and you forgot altering one wedding dress...although I guess that's child's play for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie--not exactly child's play, but not too bad either. Certainly easier that the bridesmaid's dresses!

    ReplyDelete