Thursday, October 2, 2008

The is What Blogging Feels Like

I thought about starting a blog for quite a while, you know. I spent some time examining my motives, thinking of the pros & cons, and in the end decided that it was just a good way to put my thoughts and pictures together. So I did it. And I didn't tell anyone but Cindy Lynn. (Have you voted for her today??) A couple of days later I told a friend, and she asked if she could put my link on her (wonderful) blog. I couldn't decide. How strange to think that just anyone could come by and see both my random ramblings and my deepest thoughts. Eventually I told her it was ok.


But it really is the oddest feeling. It's like having people come very quietly into my house and peer into my brain. I wouldn't even know that they've come, except that the page counter keeps going up. They just stand quietly looking and then they leave, and I have no idea even who it was. Or, for the most part, what they thought...

9 comments:

  1. I am one of your "wanderers"....it's been interesting to read several different blogs...you do get to know people in a different way..and, for the bloggers...maybe it's good to get a chance now and then to say what you're thinking without any interrruptions...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind that I rudely linked your blog onto mine w/o asking permission. :S It is so I don't have to remember everyone's blog addresses. I'll remove it if you really want me to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy--very interesting observations. And I agree completely. But we should really still do lunch!

    Megan--not a problem at all. I ended up deciding that it doesn't bother me. And if Cindy Lynn hadn't linked to me I wouldn't be able to read your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling guilty to be one of your stalkers, but I love to read your musings. Just think of yourself as the roses in your neighbor's yard. BTW I found your blog from Cindy Lynn's site.
    --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, was that you leaving footprints around my mind?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a similar experience when I start blogging nearly three years ago. My counter kept going up and I wasn't sure who was reading. Then one day I asked for people's comments and 10 people I knew and 4 I didn't made their presents known. And it turns out, 5 of those people had started their own blogs because of something I said or brought up on my blog.

    --
    I would link you on "teaching sean", but I have a strct rule of only linking to blogs where I have actually met in person. Usually the rule is only people I've shared a meal with, but Cindy B and I haven't shared a meal together because I only had an hour of time that day. So if we ever meet I'll probably link up to you.
    --
    Not linking to you in no ways reflects my lack of appreciation for your blog.
    --
    I found you through Cindy B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sean, you're probably living on the wrong side of the country for us to ever meet in person--so I won't get my hopes up about being linked on your blog! ;)

    Seriously, I've always appreciated your comments on Cindy Lynn's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy keeps telling me how wonderful the beaches are in the Carolinas. You may see me there some day. But if all else fails, I'm sure you'll be in Idaho for the baby blessings and Rexburg is only a 12 hour drive for me. And I'll make any exuse to be in Rexburg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Sean! I'm sure I'll be wherever the baby blessings are. But I'm hoping they don't happen for some time yet. CL is under doctors orders to never consider doing pregnancy and school at the same time...

    The North Carolina beaches are amazing. A completely different place than the west coast beaches.

    ReplyDelete