Thursday, October 2, 2008

Playing With Cameras

I think I have a new addiction. Because I can't stay out of my neighbor's yard. You know, the one with the roses. Now this might not be so bad if this neighbor lived next door to me. Then they'd already know I'm a little odd but basically harmless. But no. These are neighbors from my neighborhood. They live on another street entirely. And I'm sure they think I am stalking their roses. Which I am....

I went back on Tuesday to see how things were looking. As you can see, they were looking spectacular.

I had a great time trying out some of the different settings on my camera.

Then on Tuesday night we had the most wonderful thunderstorm. The best one in years. Russ & I lay in bed and watched the lightning light up the backyard over & over again. We were pretty amazed that none of the kids woke up because the thunder was so violent. It was fabulous.

I wondered Wednesday morning how the roses had fared. I was just getting ready to leave on my walk when the phone rang. About 3 minutes into the phone call I noticed that it had started pouring--what great timing! (And thank you Alisyn!) When the rain was over I decided that now I really had to go see the roses. This time I took Jason's new camera to try it out. There were a few branches that had broken in the storm, and some of the older roses were looking battered, but there were still some that were just beautiful.

This morning...well...you guessed it. I went back again. I just couldn't help myself.

But I'm going to stop soon. I promise. ;)

P.S. I should probably point out that their rose garden is located right beside the street. So I'm only walking a few steps into their yard to take some of the pictures. I woke up this morning thinking that I had made this sound like I was just wandering all over in a stranger's yard! I'm not that crazy....I think...

3 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous roses. I bet they smell even better than they look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Cindy, from what you say these neighbors have to put a lot of work into their rose garden. I am sure in order to make trespassing a good thing you could manage to come up with some great rose book for them with all the fabulous pictures from their garden, while at the same time admitting how much you have enjoyed their flowers. Great way to meet more people and I am sure they would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way: "lightning" not "lightening."

    Gorgeous pictures!!! And I know exactly what house you are talking about. If I remember right I've stalked their roses before too.

    ReplyDelete