Friday, June 29, 2012

Public Service Announcement

A package arrived in the mail from a friend a few weeks ago.  She’d told me that she was sending something and so I was watching for it and surprised that it took so long.  When it arrived I noticed that there was a correction on the zip code.  “Ahh…” I thought, “she messed up the zip code.”

A few days later there was another package, this one containing the letter with Josh’s end of school grades.  Strangely enough, that package had the wrong zip code too.  It was almost like lightning striking the same place twice. 

Then, last week, there was another package from yet another friend containing a cute refrigerator magnet.  Much to my astonishment she too had mis-written the zip code.

And then the light bulb slowly went on in my head.  Could it be?  Surely not.  But just to be sure, I pulled up the email that I had sent out to all 25o of my closest friends and relations announcing our new address.

 

Yes, there it was.

The WRONG zip code.  Just a tiny little typo, two numbers transposed.

 

And because I am too lazy to recreate that blind carbon copy list at this point in  my life (I’ll do that when we have yet another new address to report—sometime in the fall if we’re lucky) I’m just going to announce it here and on facebook.  Hopefully between the two most people will get the message that if they’re going to send me packages (what a great idea!!) they should use the correct zip code, which is 97124.

 

Thank you, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.  Whatever that is…  Winking smile

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny...I did the EXACT same thing when we moved from Seattle to Durham! At least you have a clever postman who seems to be figuring it out:).

    ReplyDelete