Friday, June 8, 2012

Maybe I should read my own blog more often…

(oops…didn’t realize that I’d actually already written this post, so I figured I’d go ahead & post it.)

In the first couple of months that Jason was on his mission I often sent him blog posts that I’d written.  Not the funny ones, or the adventure ones, (ok, occasionally the funny ones) but the spiritual ones.  When we talked at Christmas he told me how much he appreciated these posts, and that he wanted me to send them via dearelder.com instead of email so that he had printed copies of them.  Unfortunately after Christmas things went from hectic to downright insane, and I haven’t written too many spiritual blog posts.

A couple of months ago Jason asked that I send him the story of my mom paying her tithing and meeting my dad.  I spent a lot of time in bed one Saturday because I was just worn out and not feeling good and figured that was easy enough to do, and that I could also catch him up on some of my more recent posts.

I was surprised to realize how beneficial it was for me to read them.  It brought to mind how often the word “remember” is used in the scriptures.  Remember the great things the Lord has done….and now, o man, remember and perish not…

I think I did a pretty job of recording the insights and impressions that came to me throughout the job loss experience.  I think that now I need to do a better job of remembering them—that they are not just to help my children in the future, but to help me in this moment, here and now.  So for the little while, I’ll be reading & re-reading my blog to remind myself that God really is in control, that He has cared for us through every moment of this, and that He will continue to care for and guide us in the future.  I just need a little help sometimes remembering that…

No comments:

Post a Comment