Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Deck the Halls

 

Last year I gave in a little to the young peer pressure all around me and bought Christmas lights to put in our windows.  I was surprised and disappointed to realize that they didn’t make our house look that great from the outside.  (But I still wasn’t willing to put anything up on that roof!)

December 2010 160

 

We put the lights up today.  Again I felt a little sad knowing that they wouldn’t make that much difference outside.  Certainly nothing my kids will get excited about.

But then I walked through the house tonight, and my feelings changed completely.  The lights may not have a lot of pizzaz from the street, but inside they are warm and lovely.

IMG_9651

They filled my heart with peace and happiness as I looked at them.

IMG_9652

This year, the year of stress and uncertainty, they are exactly what I need…

IMG_9658

 

PS…I promise, the tree is getting ornaments tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I've had a couple years with lights only on the tree....and,I kinda like it. But, the little people didn't think so! I love lights in the windows and around the house...use the energy for the people inside to enjoy...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You house is like something out of a movie! Beautiful! Those garlands on the stairs are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete