Tuesday, December 6, 2011

There’s no place like home for the holidays…

I’m thinking of only using titles from Christmas songs for blog titles in December.  Or at least using lines from Christmas songs.  Or at the very least, making sure I am thinking about Christmas songs while I am blogging…

Anyway, I know the rest of you got out your Christmas decorations and decorated your entire houses on the day after Thanksgiving while I was eating pie for breakfast and watching hours of Harry Potter.  One of the reasons I know this is because tonight Jared told me that

everyone he knows already has their tree up, and can’t we go get a tree???

I told him that as soon as we A)figure out where we are going to put the tree, which really means B)where are we going to put the treadmill which now lives where the tree used to and C)get the house cleaned up and D)Russ gets out the Christmas stuff then we will, indeed, get a tree.  I promised him that it would be done by the 15th of December.  (I believe in wide margins.)  He was not satisfied.

For me I consider it exceptional that I have almost made a new Christmas wreath (as in almost completed, not as in almost thought about starting it) and I have put up some Christmas decorations in our breakfast area.  Thanks to my awesome and stylish cousin Emily (who happens to own 30 skirts, which is pretty amazing) for the cute idea. 

IMG_1928

I hope you all know that for me to have any kind of Christmas decorations up this early in December is really amazing.

I hope you also know that these are the ones that are up because this is a relatively clean spot in my house, so I can stand to have them there.  As in the ceiling is a relatively clean area, not the breakfast area.

I hope you also know that I am really not a Grinch.  Just about decorations.

5 comments:

  1. Seriously feeling the same Cindy ... someone has to put them up ... and someone has to take them down ... and that someone is usually me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud! ;) And hey, I totally did that hanging ornament thing too, years ago! Except I did it with snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember a few years ago when your kids got sick of waiting and asked if they could put up the decorations themselves. I don't know why, but I thought that was AWESOME. It sort of symbolized everything I love about large families- happy chaos, the feeling of all being in this together, etc.

    I can't stand clutter in my house, so I'm a minimalist when it comes to Christmas decorating (and all kinds of decorating, come to think of it). It takes me about 20 minutes, excluding the tree:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goal was to have my advent calendar out by Dec 1. Check. Maybe I should set a goal about getting my tree up. No, that can wait!
    I hope you make your goal with time to spare. Then you can come do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super, super, super cute. I feel proud like I birthed those ornaments myself....

    ReplyDelete