Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Three $1 Socks,
Two Christmas Balls,
and a Bow from a Pinterest link!


My newest Pinterest success:



I had wanted to make one of those wreaths with all of the Christmas balls on it, but figured that this wasn't a good time to be spending extra money or making something that would be difficult to move. I decided instead to make this sock wreath and I think I got a lot of bang for my three dollars.

I started by making a cardboard circle from the biggest cardboard box I had laying around, then I cut a smaller circle in the middle. Then I took my 3 pairs of socks from the dollar store and cut them on either side of the heel and cut off the toes. Then I just slipped them on over the cardboard. I made the bow following instructions found on pinterest as well, using ribbon leftover some other project.

Last I took some of the leftover Christmas balls and hung them from another piece of leftover ribbon. I think it turned out great!

3 comments:

  1. You've inspired me. I went to the dollar store yesterday to buy socks. Couldn't find any as cute as you did, but we will see how mine turns out. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my next life, I want to be as crafty as you. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete