Saturday, December 3, 2011

More Stuff to ♥

I know, I know. It’s way past November. But I just realized that I forgot to ever mention the things that first made me want to blog about things I love. Here they are:

IMG_1913

I love these spatulas. The kids gave them to me for Christmas last year, after I asked for heat proof spatulas. I never imagined how much I would love them. And only another person who eats eggs for breakfast practically every morning can truly understand the depth of my love for these hard working heat tolerant scrambled egg scraping beauties. Thank you, kids, thank you Laila for telling me they existed, and thank you especially to whoever invented them. You make my life better and happier on a daily (morningly?) basis.

Next. Yesterday it was finally cold enough that I needed to put the shades down in the bathroom. I’ve enjoyed them all summer when I’ve noticed them, but putting them down definitely changes how much I notice them. I love how the light shines through the fabric & makes me feel all tropical. And you know how I love to feel all tropical…

bathroom

And last, I love it when my best friend knows how to give the birthday gift that make me laugh and laugh and laugh. A gift of laughter for years to come, I suspect. Thank you, Alisyn, and may I present my newest Christmas ornament!

IMG_1914

5 comments:

  1. I got one of those spatulas this year for my birthday. Hope you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my heat resistant spatula! (I used to have two, but someone broke the second one... I won't name names, but it was not me or Mahon! [He asked me to specify that it was not him.]) We use it for our crepes.

    That ornament made me laugh out loud! Very funny...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though the more I think about it, the more I feel it would have been most appropriate if it was an ornament of Jacob taking his shirt off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow- that is awesome! Are those spatulas really that good? I learned a few years ago that it was wise to buy myself some stocking stuffers or I would have confused kids and an embarrassed husband on my hands Christmas morning....so into my stocking they go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having just seen a certain movie, your ornament makes me want to say "Then what was the point of all of this? Me loving you? You loving him?" Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete