Thursday, December 22, 2011

All I Want for Christmas is for Him to Say I’m Right

(I know, I know.  This is not a healthy attitude.  Nevertheless, here it is.  And it was a sweet moment…)

 

A couple of weeks ago there was a groupon-type deal for a curious looking object.  It looked like a gun and claimed to be able to find and/or fix broken Christmas lights.  I was intrigued.  After I did a little more research I was more than intrigued.  The reviews were overwhelmingly good, and the price was really really reasonable.  I bought it.

When it arrived Russ was less than impressed.  I’m sure he thought I’d fallen for some gimmick,  nothing he would ever need or use.

This morning when I came downstairs he had started putting up the lights.  I heard a funny beeping sound; it was him using my gimmick.  And a few minutes later I heard words that were sweet to my ears.

“I’m sorry, I was wrong.  This is awesome!”

IMG_2032

It really is cool.  It beeps by the lights that work and doesn’t beep if it’s broken.  It usually can fix the lights that are broken.  We’ve never put the lights up so quickly or easily.  Everyone who has lights needs one of these!

IMG_2035

 

PS—We keep our lights for the tree wound onto a big spool that came from the hardware store.  But after trying a lot of different ideas to store the rest of the lights, last year we started keeping each strand in it’s own ziploc bag.  We put them away pretty carefully and none of them were tangled up when we got them out.  I call that success. 

IMG_2036

1 comment:

  1. We were just talking about that gadget at VT this week! Now I personally know two happy customers. =) I may have to try that ziploc trick; I was just thinking that we need a better way to store our lights. Now that we have a plethora of boxes to choose from this year, we're going to actually organize the holiday decor by use instead of by how it fits into the available boxes. =) Wish us luck! =D

    ReplyDelete