Sunday, November 20, 2011

It’s hard to run your life this way.

You know there are many reasons that the kitchen experience has been difficult.  First of all, this is really the biggest project that I’ve ever undertaken, with the possible exception of all of the wedding sewing I did for Cindy Lynn’s wedding.  But seriously, between sewing and sanding, sewing is like play and sanding is, well, hard work!

The hardest thing about the kitchen so far has been having to actually take the kitchen apart, have it covered in plastic and dust, and yet need to keep feeding our family!

  IMG_1843

I kept some basics in the kitchen on the table,

IMG_1844

but everything else has to be located each time we need it.  It might be by the shoe bench,

IMG_1845

in the school room (aka the dining room)

IMG_1846

Or somewhere in the living room.

IMG_1847IMG_1848

Can you see why this is making me crazy?!?

 

We can’t do anything to the just painted cabinet carcasses for several more days, because it takes 5 days for the paint to cure.  (Did you know that?  I didn’t.)  So tomorrow’s task to is continue cleaning up the mess and to put shelf lining in the top cabinets.  Then I can start putting the stuff away that goes on those shelves.

I would have started on that today—just because I want the mess gone.  But wise Russ told me that I couldn’t, and he was so right.  Instead I had a 3 hour nap (much needed) and I can start tomorrow refreshed from my Sabbath break. 

The end is in sight.  (sort of.)  Right???

1 comment:

  1. Woot! no more sanding! Looks like it is down hill from here. 5 days you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete