Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I ♥ Perspective

Just a little while ago I got an odd voice mail from a person I don’t know very well.

“Cindy, are you ok?” she asked. I thought she sounded a little overly concerned, especially as she continued, “Is there anything I can do for you?”

I was touched that she had heard our family’s stressful news and called to check on me, so I returned her call as quickly as possible.

When she answered the phone I quickly identified myself and told her that I was returning her call. She interrupted me, saying, “Cindy, someone just told me that you had lost your husband.”


Wow.


In that moment I could see clearly how relatively unimportant a job is. A million jobs will never be as important to me as just having my husband.

We laughed about the misunderstanding and I thanked her for her concern and caring. We chatted for a few minutes before we said goodbye. But I am left with the feeling of what might have been. What if I had lost my husband, rather than him merely losing his job.


That would be a tragedy…

Emerald Isle 2011 1517_2

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love those perspective-bringing moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. It sort of changes things. It's just another adventure together...scary, but together! All is well~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, indeed. Speaking of which, you are bringing me some perspective on our situation- I can be grateful that we have had lots of notice to be looking for a job. I still hate it though!

    ReplyDelete