Saturday, November 26, 2011

Post Thanksgiving Pie Party (and a new low for me)

Last week at book club we decided that we really needed to have a post-Thanksgiving pie party to share (and taste) all of our leftover pies. 

My goal was to have most of my stuff out of the boxes and back into the cabinets, but as hard as I worked I didn’t quite accomplish that.  Must have been all of the pie making I was doing.  I considered hauling the few boxes that were left upstairs, but in the end I was too involved in the last few minutes of our Harry Potter marathon and instead I spread a couple of quilts over the boxes, hoping that they would then look uninteresting and the little kids would leave them alone.

IMG_1888

What I did not anticipate was that the adults would decide to hang out in the living room, right in there with my old quilt covered boxes.  It’s well known that I’m willing to entertain even when my house isn’t spic and span, but this was taking that to a whole new level…

Thank goodness there were LOTS (LOTS!) of pies to distract me from my mess!

IMG_9540

Now I just need to figure out what I can possibly fit into to wear to church tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment