Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Happy Little Remodel

Once upon a time I was finally ready to celebrate that I had so many kids.  (It took me approximately 3.5 years to get to this point, in case you’re wondering.)  We practiced some picture poses at home and then I took them all to the photo studio so that we could get our picture taken together.  The process was painful but the result, as my mom would have said, tickled me.

IMG_1643-2

I bought the decent sized picture and they gave me a little mat board to go with it.  I HATED the mat color.  But I brought it home and hung it in my bedroom, right by my bed.  Where every day I would look at the picture and think how much I loved the picture, and how much I hated that darn mat.

IMG_1643

(This picture doesn’t do justice to how uninspiring the mat color was, so you’ll just have to believe me.  It was somewhere between khaki and peach, not a good color for anything.)

Last week I had all sorts of paints & stains in my kitchen, trying to figure out what I was going to do with the cabinets.  (Still not exactly sure…) One day I walked into the bedroom, saw the picture and it’s mat sitting there on the wall, and I said “That is IT.”  I pulled the picture off the wall, took it all out, took it to the kitchen, and I

painted that darned mat white.

After a few days of rest (to be sure the mat doesn’t deposit white paint on my picture) here is the finished result, back on the wall by my bed.

 IMG_1696IMG_1693

Ahhh…so much better.

Why on earth did I not do that 7 1/2 years ago???

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying over the tea party picture on the table! And wow- I never thought of painting a mat. I'm going to have to prowl around my house and see if there are any irksome mats to try it on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, personally, am waiting to see your CABINETS!!!!

    ReplyDelete