Saturday, November 26, 2011

Update on my Pinterest Problem

Last night Cindy Lynn read my whine about cool Christmas stars on Pinterest.  I’d already searched and searched on google and came up with nada, but she bested me.  Apparently she remembered that once upon a time I told her those were called Moravian stars (I’m so glad she remembers things I have NO RECOLLECTION OF!), and using that in her search she came up with some pretty clear looking directions to make a star here. 

star 3

Then my awesome cousin Emily (who was quite possibly Cindy Lynn’s first fan, as it happens) sent me a link to this amazing creation.

star 4

I can see I have some paper folding & rolling ahead of me.  My next question is—what kind of glue do I use for these things, that will stick fast?!?  (And no, I do not think the answer is the glue that I just bought and received from Amazon.  That glue is to fix a broken glass vase…Now go tweet that!)

2 comments:

  1. Funny story- My mom once told me those were called Moravian stars too...only somewhere along the way, I got confused and thought they were called Mormon stars. So when I met the missionaries I was like, "Oh yeah- you're the ones who have those pointy stars at Christmas!" They were so confused!

    ReplyDelete