Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I’m thinking of joining the circus…

But when I called them, they asked if I had much tent-building experience.  And so I figured, why not?  And I started building a tent…

in the kitchen.

IMG_1869

I think I stand a very good chance of getting a job.

IMG_1873

IMG_1876

Don’t you think?

 

Now that you’re good and curious, I will tell you.  Today was the day to paint the island, which for various reasons I decided to paint black.  (Convenient that it’s so trendy to have a different colored island right now, isn’t it?)  I learned the hard way on Sunday that as well as I taped and covered things with plastic and taped some more, paint got places I didn’t expect.

IMG_1877

Like on this poor bowl, just sitting somewhere far away from the paint sprayer and minding it’s own business.  Or so I thought.

So Russ & I decided that if I was going to be spraying black, I’d better be VERY sure that no amount of paint spray was going to land on anything else.

Hence the tent.

And, just in case you’re wondering, I think I’m going to burn my sweats when the cabinets are done. They’ve served me well, been both comfortable and uncomplaining when they were inadvertently sprayed, and have absorbed so much primer dust that I would be afraid to put them in my washing machine.

IMG_1871

1 comment:

  1. You are one ambitious {and accomplished} lady! Big Kudos to you for all this DIY home improvement work!!

    ReplyDelete