Thursday, March 31, 2011

I’m Always in the Middle of a Mess

My desk has been a mess for months.  Having a goal to continue getting organized hasn’t made a bit of difference there; this mess persists while the house around gets cleaner. 

March 2011 425

The desk has been such a mess that my computer hasn’t touched it for months.  Instead I’ve used it in the family room,the living room, my bedroom, and mostly at the island in the kitchen.

Well today I woke up inspired.  (And believe me, I have to seize those inspirations when they happen!)  I was feeling better and that desk was getting cleaned.

March 2011 471

I was feeling pretty darned good about myself.  <patting self on shoulder>

 

Until I happened to glance at the island.

March 2011 469

 

How can I get away from this?!?

 

.

5 comments:

  1. That's what islands are for! When I have one, I'm cluttering it up the first chance I get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I tried to get organized and had things cleaned off, my family thought that was an invitation to put something there! Can't win for losing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I admire your initiative, your theory is flawed. With your vast amounts of energy and your older children, you are tackling the clutter of the home. What you don't realize is......
    There is a grand conspiracy among all those in the home under the age of 25 to foil any and all attempts at organization. The true secret to getting away from the piles, the messes, the headaches, and the stresses.....

    Lies not in WHAT to give away, WHAT to put away......

    It lies more in the WHO to give away and WHO to put away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to what Andra says! You asked me how ruthless I am when I declutter -- very. I throw everything away.

    And I did just do this but it's cyclic. If I let my guard down for one minute, my children will over run me with superball collections, oragami animals in all shapes and all sorts of things made from every color duct tape known to man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem... X4. All of us move our messes from one place to the other and it is frustrating! Your desk looks great, and your island doesn't look too hard to tackle ;)

    ReplyDelete