Friday, March 11, 2011

Growing Up

The girls have been dying to get their ears pierced.  I wouldn’t let Cindy Lynn get hers done until she was 12, but when she said it was ok with her if the girls had their done a bit early, I said it was ok.  She took them and got it done right before she went back to Idaho after Christmas.  So for the last two months we’ve been cleaning ears and twisting earrings x2. 

Last week was the big day…they could take their studs out!  Both girls had done some extra work to earn money so that they could buy their own earrings.  While the boys were freezing at Josh’s lacrosse game, the girls went to the mall.  (Much better choice!)  They were so cute choosing what they wanted.

In the end Rachel chose a pair of silver horseshoes, and Jenna chose a card with lots of colors of gummy bear earrings.  (I am so not kidding!)

February 2011 525

They were very earnest when it was time to count out their money.

February 2011 526

And then we took the studs out and put in the new earrings to wear to Girl Scouts.

March 2011 077March 2011 078

By Sunday I’d found two pairs of hoop earrings that I don’t wear anymore, and I told them they could wear them just to church.  They were so excited.

February 2011 505

I can’t believe they’re so grown up!

 

 

.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I keep telling you... you didn't MAKE me wait until 12, you asked me when I wanted to get them done and I said 12! I distinctly remember you saying you would be ok if I got them done early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gummy bear earrings...I kind of want some:). I'm glad I didn't get Marley's pierced when she was a baby- it will be fun to make a big deal about it when she's older...

    ReplyDelete