Monday, May 31, 2010

Disney’s Oceans

When we watched Disney’s Earth last year we were so excited to see that this year they were scheduled to release a movie called Oceans.  Now there is the movie for me, I thought…

oceanstrailer

Russ and I finally went to see it a couple of Saturdays ago.  What did I think?

Not exactly sure.

Here’s what I liked & didn’t like.

Liked:

  • beautiful underwater scenes
  • beautiful animals
  • great shots of unusual creatures
  • nice soundtrack

Disliked:

  • Pierce Brosnan as narrator.  Just didn’t work for me.
  • Narration was a bit forced in several segments.  I personally would have been fine if they’d identified the animal and then just been quiet while we were watching it!

I’ll definitely rent it again for a buck from the redbox.  But I almost think I liked the IMAX “Under the Sea” movie better…

------

After the movie we waited for Josh by the fountain.  I was fascinated by the patterns of water against the beautiful blue sky, and so I grabbed the purse cam and took some pictures.  What I really wanted to do was lay right down on the bench around the fountain to control what I was shooting better, but there were just too many people there.  So I didn’t.  But I still did get some interesting shots.

May 2010 791 May 2010 799 May 2010 827

Did you know that that’s what water looks like in a fountain? 

I surely did not!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool pictures. What kind of camera do you have? I think you posted it before but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri--

    My purse cam is a canon powershot SD1200 IS. I totally love it, and not just because it's pink. It really takes great pics, even if it only has 3x zoon.

    My big camera is a canon powershot S3 IS. It's only 6mp, but it has 12x zoom which is awesome.

    At some point I'm sure I'm going to move into a digital slr, but I really want them to have good video before I do. (And for me to be able to afford it!!)

    ReplyDelete