Saturday, May 1, 2010

Multitasking

This morning when I got up I was not looking forward to my 20 minutes of torture exercise.  But my reluctance wasn't only because most of the major muscle groups in my body were crying out in pain.  It was also because after just 2 days I am tired of looking at Jillian's perfect abs!  My body is crying out in pain after about minute 3, but almost as importantly my brain is completely numb within the first minute.  How many times can I watch the same thing???

And so this morning I hit on a great solution.  On the big screen (lest you think the fact that we have a big screen means anything posh about us, I must tell you that what we have is an old window shade, held to our wall by 2 nails.  We call it the PWT big screen.  But I digress.) On the big screen we watched

 Everest: Beyond the Limit Season 2

And on the regular (not too big) tv, muted, the dvd was playing.


I was completely entertained the whole time, and didn't even notice the pain as much!

3 comments:

  1. Good idea! I used to tape TV shows at night and then watch them during the day while I walked on the treadmill. Then the treadmill died and that ended workouts while watching TV. I still want to try the 30 Day Shred one of these days. Hope you can move tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I'm thinking of picking up this video! Your crying out in pain has convinced me that it might just work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I see a whole world of possibilities opening up for you during exercise time now. =)

    ReplyDelete