Thursday, May 6, 2010

For Amy

I was sitting in the recliner in my bedroom this afternoon, checking my email, when Jason brought me a yummy sandwich for lunch.  (Mother's day must be starting early!)  I started eating as I read, but then realized that there was a problem.  The sandwich was just a little bit messy (the delicious kind of messy) and it was getting on my hands.  And he didn't bring me a napkin.

Now I will be the first to admit that I'm ocd about napkins.  I hate my when my fingers feel like there's food on them, but I'm old enough to have the restraint (most of the time) not to wipe them on my clothes.  So I need a napkin.

At the same time I was comfy in my chair, and in order to get a napkin I would have had to put down the plate, put down the laptop, stand up, and walk down the stairs to the kitchen!

It seemed that there must be an easier way.

I looked around the chair, wondering if there might be a napkin substitute nearby.  And then I saw it.

The sock basket.
The End

6 comments:

  1. My Dad's favorite napkin! :) And, I've noticed Dan does the same thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Socks are totally underrated. I'm glad you have come over to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I think I just threw up a little in my mouth! I hope it was the clean sock basket! But even still! I thought this would end with you wiping them on the inside of your shirt like Abby does. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! I am with you on the hating to have food on my hands, but I don't know about socks... What a dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so you all know, the sock was CLEAN. We do not (DO NOT) keep a basket full of dirty socks in our bedroom. That would be just gross, and I wouldn't get near them much less wipe my fingers on them!

    ReplyDelete