Friday, May 21, 2010

Oops!!

There is a book that I really like, that I think has helped me work towards being the wife and mother I want to be.  I decided that I would buy a few used copies to give to some of my friends so that I would have more people to talk to about it.

baer2 Yesterday as I was leaving for an appointment I checked the mailbox.  Along with some junk mail there were two book sized packages.  I threw them into the front seat of the car, thinking that I would drop one off at Lindsay’s house on my way home.

Accordingly, I stopped at her house and grabbed the top still-packaged book and knocked on her door.  She was surprised to see me but looked interested as I explained that I’d gotten her this book because I like it so much, and I thought she might find it helpful.

As I was standing there talking to her, ready to hand over the packaged book, I started thinking that it really felt a little skinnier than it ought to be.

It occurred to me that I should check, and make sure I was really asking my friend to read the right book.

Good thing, cause this is what was in that package…

wrong book

 

Here…read this…I think it might be really helpful…”

 

PS.  No disrespect intended towards those who have had to deal with this heartbreaking issue. 

4 comments:

  1. Very much enjoyed that story (along with MANY others) last night.
    My eyelids are HEAVY right now though...still plugging along after 4.5 hours of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Still laughed even though it's the 3rd time hearing the story.

    I can't wait to read that book. The FIRST book!

    ReplyDelete