Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sew Miserable

May 2010 1404

This is a sofa cushion.  I just finished sewing a new covering for it. 

Won’t someone shoot me now?

18 months ago I bought a love seat for our bedroom, planning to work my remodeling magic on it and turn from the teal nightmare that it was into something warm and inviting.

12 months ago I finished stripping and sawing and sanding and painting and antiquing the frame.

6 months ago I finally bought upholstery fabric to cover the cushions.

This week I have vowed that I will not touch another sewing project until the darned cushions are done. 

One down, three to go.

This is not the sewing I enjoy.  It’s bulky, it’s tedious, repetitive, and the fabric shreds everywhere every time I touch it.

UGH!!!

I told Russ—if I ever (and I mean EVER) suggest that I am going to reupholster another piece of furniture, he is to knock me unconscious.

And then buy a new piece of furniture before I wake up.

3 comments:

  1. I bet it will look great. Have you taken pictures of the project as you went along? You are sharing photos of it when it is done right? Like I should even ask that of the purse camera lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you serge the seams? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely can't wait to see the finished product! I second you on the madness of reupholstering. Never again will I choke at the price of having it professionally done. They earn it!

    ReplyDelete