Thursday, May 6, 2010

Who Knew???

I was just doing some research for Jason. He quite his job at Cookout before he went to Puerto Rico, and now his job for the rest of the summer is going to be painting the outside of our house. He suggested that I look for a book to help him out — something like "House Painting for Dummies." So I went looking.

Do you know how many books there are in the "______for Dummies" series? Take a guess. And then scroll down past this lovely picture of a rose from Amy's house to see the right answer.


Higher.

No, really. Higher.

974.

That's nine hundred and seventy four!

Who knew!

Well, now I do and you do. There are books from

and everything in between!

You can get "Acne for Dummies", a "Dream Dictionary for Dummies", "ASVAB AFQT For Dummies", (no, I have NO IDEA what that means!), and Christian Prayer for Dummies.  There's even a book that's called "Swinging Exchanges for Dummies", and I was kind of freaked out that someone had written a how-to book on swinging!  Don't worry-- it's about some obscure kind of stock trading, not spouse swapping. 

So.  The very next time there's anything in your life that you're unsure about, I'm sure there's a Dummies book for you.  I'm pretty sure I saw about 268 that I need!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I was thinking maybe over a hundred. =) So did you end up getting a house-painting book for Jason?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to ask the same question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Jason, no house painting book for you!!

    ReplyDelete