Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Year of Blogging

The other day I looked back at my first blog posts and was surprised to realize that I had started blogging almost exactly a year ago.

I started thinking of how I would celebrate a year of blogging. Would I celebrate with a funny post, or something thought provoking, or a retrospective?

As it turned out, I did none of those things. Instead I spent my morning here:

Making sure that my collar bone was not broken.

The physician's assistant came in, took a look, and assured me that whatever had happened, my collar bone was probably not broken. She suggested that I would be helped more by taking 800 mg of ibuprofen rather than the "wuss dose" of 200 that I generally take.

Then she sent me to the xray place for "just to be safe" x-rays. Unfortunately everyone else in Durham had chosen that moment to have their own x-rays, and they told me that the wait would be over an hour, but that I could come back later.

Instead I demonstrated my lack of medical compliance (no surprise there) and went to see my chiropractor instead. He did some more pushing and prodding and then held a tuning fork to my collar bone. It turns out that I am perfectly in tune and my collar bone is perfectly intact. Apparently it is actually the pectoral muscle (which attaches to the collar bone and to the shoulder) that is causing all of the pain.

I spent the rest of the afternoon having a nap, getting a much needed haircut, and running a few errands. So the funny, thought-provoking, retrospective post will probably never happen.

But I did want to send out a big thanks to everyone who makes blogging such a great experience for me. Thanks for caring about my life and my thoughts, and for sharing yours with me!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year! I have missed all my blogging milestones...I have enough trouble remembering my kids birthdays and how old my husband is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was a memorable way to celebrate one year of blogging! I'm glad there's no broken bone, and I hope your muscle heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily thought she had seen the Quacki-est of the Quacks when a chiropractor Tuning Fork-ed her broken rib to make sure it was broken.
    turns out the vibration hurt like getting kicked by a mule... on a broken bone... p.s. emilys rib was broken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Sam, I guess I'm even more glad that my collar bone wasn't really broken!

    ReplyDelete