Friday, September 18, 2009

Shoulda Listened...

Saturday I went to our stake's Women's Day in Chapel Hill. Russ and Jason were away for the day having male bonding time, so my friend Sherry was going to watch the little kids. As I went to pick up keys to leave, I had the thought that I should really take the van. "Good idea," I though. After all, I had 3 little kids and there are only 2 seat belts in the back of the convertible. And I certainly wasn't going to drive there with the top down and arrive with convertible hair. But when I told the little kids to get in the van, Jared immediately put up a fuss and asked if we couldn't take the convertible. It didn't seem like a big deal, and so I agreed.

When I drove into the parking lot at the stake center I immediately realized that I should have listened to that thought. (Was it a prompting?) I had totally forgotten that in addition to attending the Women's Day, I was supposed to pick up our food storage order that had just arrived that morning.
  • 4 large buckets of wheat
  • 4 large empty buckets
  • 50 lbs of flour
  • 35 lbs of oatmeal
  • 18 large cans of random food storage things
I'm pretty impressed with myself that I got everything into the convertible and there was still room for a driver. Needless to say, I didn't drive home with the top down. I was afraid that I'd leave a trail of buckets behind me!

(This picture doesn't do a good job of showing how bad it was. The trunk was packed FULL. The 4 buckets of wheat were smashed into the back seat and the 4 empty buckets were in front of them, sticking forward between the seats so that I kept hitting them with my arm all the way home. And the floor in the back was completely full. It was one crowded convertible!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow -- that is some impressive finagling!

    p.s. I've updated our blog sidebar below the S'Quarrels poll to link to the past post & other S'Quarrels-related websites. What a great suggestion!! {Thanks for the request!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what we can do when we really try! When I was a junior in high school, my date picked up for prom in a convertible. He was so pumped to have such an awesome car, and I was devastated cause I thought for sure it would ruin my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...! You forgot the part where you had to go all the way home first...because there wasn't any room for the triplets. They'd have looked funny, sitting in buckets all the way home...tho....they probably would have thought it was awesome! Not so sure what the police would have thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Hey, at least you have a convertible!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete