Sunday, September 13, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes


Tonight we had dinner with our delightful friends Wells & Tami. After dinner we were sitting around talking. Tami was telling us that she had finally succeeded in potty training Isaac, their adorable but challenging 3 year old.

I had forgotten that Jared was sitting behind me on the couch until he said "I'm so glad that I'm a guy..."

We all looked at him in surprise.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I'll get to have a job and go to work every day. And my wife will have to do the potty training!"

4 comments:

  1. LOL! But maybe his wife will make him take 'potty duty' when he's home to make up for all the accidents he missed out on during the day. That's my strategy. =) Too insightful and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent observation. And you tell him that if he is smart he will NOT impose ridiculous consequences to accidents that HE will not have to enforce, but his wife. It will save him some grief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Be ready to pull that out at his wedding luncheon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wells and I have been laughing and laughing about his comment.

    ReplyDelete