Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What NOT to Wear

On Sunday morning I hadn't planned for the girls to wear anything matching, so I told them that they could choose what they wanted to wear themselves. I assumed that whatever they chose would be sedately paired with white tights and black shoes.

I assumed wrong.


Apparently they're related to my father...


I let the pink girl keep her tights on--I figured the dress was long enough to hide most of it. But I made the blue girl (who protested "But Mom, they're both blue!") change to white tights. I just was not woman enough to let her go to church like that!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah - like when I took the girls to church in their new pink skirts that I was so proud of... they asked "can we wear tights with it?" and I said sure, expecting them to pick out white tights. Lo and behold, they both came down in pink flowery tights instead. It was quite the visual riot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the flowered tights. And the striped tights. LOVE them. Oh, girls! How I long for one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love tights! I buy them because they're so cute, but then can never find a perfect outfit for them!

    love the previous posts of Hawaii- so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. InkMom--I'm SO SORRY! I can't believe there's still only one granddaughter in your family...

    Jennifer--exactly. They're too cute to pass up, but don't go with anything except a denim jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I don't know if Abby will be dressing herself by 8... probably not to church anyway. She has that same dress (the pink one) except in blue. She wore it for two or three years! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reminds me so much of my daughter's outfits. Some days I just think, "I hope that people at school realize that you dress yourself!!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, love it. I did notice the "matching" color to their dresses...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, you have to admit that your Dad is looking a lot better lately! I don't let him out of the house without passing inspection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy--I'm sure we have some tights to go with Abby's dress!

    Megan--I suggest you pin a little sign to her back. Just to be sure! ;)

    Mindy--oh no! I was hoping no one would notice!

    Ramona--absolutely! I was speaking of the dad of yesteryear, not the stylish dad we see now!

    ReplyDelete