Thursday, March 19, 2009

Divine Inspiration

I set off this morning to take Josh to the orthodontist for a quick visit. I was rushed, hungry, and on time. (A minor miracle in my life.) After turning onto the road outside of our neighborhood I noticed that my van seemed to be leaning a little on one side.

Josh has been saying lately that there's something wrong with our tires, and he is usually right when he says that. I had checked them before we went to the beach and everything was fine then, but I decided to turn back into my neighborhood and take a look.

Once I was in the neighborhood the van seemed to be driving normally again, and I was irritated that now I was going to be late. I considered just driving right back out of the neighborhood without stopping, but I went ahead and pulled into the pool parking lot to make sure that the tires really were ok.

And this is what I saw.
In case you can't see that well enough, here are some closeups. Very scary.



When Jason changed the tire he said that there were two other torn places in in--one of which was at least that big.

When I consider the that the van has most recently been driven by Jason, and a lot of that time was on the freeway and/or with the little kids in the van too, I am amazed that the tire held together until today. What a miracle...

6 comments:

  1. yuck. scary. good thing you looked. got new tires yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question is, What has Jason been doing to get that much wear on your tires?
    Thank Heavens no one was hurt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!!! That's scary. I actually noticed something going on while I was there - it felt a little weird one day... but everything looked fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what could have caused the tire damage, or how on earth they held together this long. And now I have 4 new tires!!! The other back one was looking bad too, and the guy said that I could probably get 4,000 more miles (about 3 months) out of the front ones but I should be very careful in the rain. And I said let's just get 4!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep those are some scary pictures. I'm glad you are safe and that your kids are safe too. Book club was fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you, your family, and your vehicle are all ok!

    ReplyDelete