Monday, March 9, 2009

Get a Clue!

Have I mentioned that we're "game" people? We love playing games! We always take huge stacks of games to the beach with us--sometimes we play them all and sometimes only a few, but better safe than sorry!

Here are some pictures of us last night playing one of our favorites, "Clue Master Detective." We have been playing this game for almost 20 years. When it was first introduced to us we wanted to buy it, but it was only sold for a short time. Several years later we found a used game company online and they told me it would cost at least $50 to buy it if they could even get a copy. I checked on ebay and they were right--the game was going for $50-$75.

Somehow Russ found out that one of his friends at work had the game, and we borrowed it a few times to take it to the beach with us. After the 2nd or 3rd time he told Russ that we could have the game because they never played it anymore. We were so excited.

Last night Cindy Lynn pointed out to us that we've not been following one of the rules. I'm not sure we can change after this many years. If we followed this rule it seems like it would make it so much easier, and one of the things we love about this game is that you really have to think so hard to figure things out. Maybe we'll try it once to see what it's like, but that's all I can promise!

On the other hand, maybe it would give the rest of us a chance against Russ & Katie, since one or the other of them seem to have won almost all of the games played in the last few years...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS GAME!!! I had this exact game growing up and I love it. I love playing Clue. Did I mention that I love this game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clue? Or Clue Master Detective? Cause I think we need to play it with you & Nate!

    ReplyDelete