Saturday, December 4, 2010

The World's Oddest Photo Shoot


Oops...these pictures just posted accidentally!  But you know what, it's been a hard day.  ANOTHER day without heat when we woke up.  A day with hurt feelings instead of a nap.  A day when I wished I got more stuff done.

Fortunately for me the day ended with a conversation with a dear friend. She might have thought our conversation was to help her, but it also helped me remember things I already know and had momentarily forgotten.  Thank you Katie!


So now I'm going to sit here for a little while thinking about these pictures instead of worrying about whether or not we'll have heat tomorrow.

~~~

One year ago we had just returned from a beautiful Thanksgiving week at the beach with Russ's wonderful brother and his amazing wife.  The beach and the water were so beautiful, and even though the weather was chilly we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

One morning I had walked the couple of blocks to the beach later than everyone else.  As I walked down the steep stairs to the sand I saw something sitting farther down the beach.  I zoomed with my long camera lens to see what it was.


It was a yellow chair, sitting all alone near the edge of the ocean.





The chair seemed so picturesque sitting there by the water that I started taking pictures, wondering what  would be it's best angle.  (And laughing at myself all the while.)  I figured it surely must be the world oddest photo shoot.

I'm still not sure which picture I like best, but one thing I do know--they all bring back wonderful sunny memories!





3 comments:

  1. Not odd at all. Makes me so want to sit down with a good book forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you already blog about these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at how calm the ocean is! There is nothing like sitting next to the water...thinking. Or not. :)

    ReplyDelete