Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Too Much Computer, Too Little Brain

(Or How I Was Beguiled By The Computer)


One of my friends complained recently that she was spending too much time reading blogs. I usually only read a few blogs, so that's not a problem I've had.

Until this morning.

I looked at the blog of someone at church who has a very extensive list of links and was curious to see what was going on in the lives of people I don't know very well.

And that, my friends, was the end of the oatmeal.

The kids were more than happy to hear that cold cereal was back on the menu.

Somewhat less happy with the smell that still permeates the entire house...

6 comments:

  1. Okay, so who's blog was it? I have a lot of links, and my friends are very entertaining. Some times when I'm catching up, two hours goes by. But that is only if I'm not reading a really, really good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is now not the time to mention Elder Bednar's CES talk from Sunday where he suggested we step away from the computer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy--it was Jen Draughon's blog. She has links of several people that used to be in our ward so I was curious to know what they were up to. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not as stinky as burned oatmeal!

    Sean--of course you're right. Which is why I'm downloading his talk right now to listen to this weekend. CL had already told me I needed to listen to it, but this shows me how much I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I'm just teasing. Bednar's talk was more directed at those that can't go through a whole meal without twittering or who could be spending an evening out with a honey but instead stay inside and play WOW. I don't think Elder Bednar's comments were directed at those people burning oatmeal in the morning.

    If you get a chance, watch it on www.byu.tv. In the last 2 minutes you get to see Sara looking earnestly at the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which reminds me- you will so love your oat groats...and they take a long time to cook, so you'll be less likely to burn them!

    ReplyDelete