Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rainy Days

Just in case you were wondering how 8.5 year old triplets entertain themselves on rainy days...


Day 1: Tests of Dexterity



Day 2: Tests of the Laws of Motion


Day 3: Tests of the Free Market System

(Translation— they printed money and everyone opened a store.)

Here is Jared in his store,
Align Centerwhich is called:(Arrow Bead)

Jared has a knack for sizing up the market. In addition to various items made out of tin foil and beads, he cut out and stitched up shirts for beanie animals and American girl dolls. I don't know if they fit, but as you'll see later, they sold well.

Here is Jenna in her store,which is called:(Bead Parlor)

Here is Rachel making more products for her store.

Josh even joined in after he got home from school. I heard several concerned comments that Josh made the best things and so he was getting all of the money.

Over heard in the kitchen during the day:
Jenna: I'm poor, Jared, poor! How'd you get all of that money?

Jared: By doing business. All of my shirts selled out....

10 comments:

  1. So fun! It makes me want to be 8 again. Well, sort of ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except at that age we were watching endless plays written and performed by you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The domino video is really cool. I'm going to have to try that now.

    Why does the blond girl change her shirt between being pulled by the brother and being pulled by the sister?

    Russ: Were the plays she wrote one girl plays or did she have stuffed animals to make up the supporting cast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean--you caught me. The skating videos were actually two different days.

    Cindy Lynn made endless plays. Jason "got" to be in a lot of them, or a neighbor friend. Not usually stuffed animals...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Darn. I was hoping it was because her brother steered her into something and she got soaked or drenched or something. I was hoping there was a funny story there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very creative and you are the coolest mom for letting them roller skate inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That CTR crown cracked me up! What entrepreneurs you are raising. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sean--no good story, except that she was able con two different siblings on different days into pulling her around the house. I'm not sure if that shows she's very persuasive, or if it shows just how sweet her sibs are.

    Amy--Cindy Lynn has already complained that I wasn't that much of a fun mom when she was 8!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those kids are so creative and too much fun! I'm not showing my kids the skating part....we can't skate in our house anymore because it's a "sale house" as my kids say....maybe I'll send them to yours the next time they want to skate inside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cami--they are more than welcome to come skate!

    ReplyDelete