Saturday, May 30, 2009

Overheard at the Dinner Table

This picture has nothing to do with this post, except that it has my kids in it. But I just hate a picture-less post, so here you are!

When we were getting dinner ready last night there was a terrific thunder storm going on outside.

Jenna: I think the rain is Heavenly Father and Jesus being really sad and crying.
Jared: No, Heavenly Father and Jesus are so good that they are happy. So the thunder is really them bowling and having a great time!

Later, at the dinner table Jared was obviously still thinking about heavenly topics.

Jared: Mom, do you think that Heaven is like our house and our neighborhood?
Me: Well our neighborhood is really beautiful, but if Heaven is like our house I hope it's not as messy as our house.
Rachel: I hope that I can still be a kid when I go to Heaven, except that I want to be married too.
[big pause]
Rachel: Unless I don't like my husband, and then I don't want to be married in Heaven.
Me: Well you can always do what I did, and marry someone you adore. That way you will still like them.
Jenna (very slowly): Yeah...but the problem is, there's really no one that I adore...

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Not adoring anyone right now is a good thing from a parent's perspective -- right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness yes. Much better than the perpetual talk about who has a crush on who!!

    ReplyDelete